The upcoming college semester is going to look very different for most students. At the Cherry Creek Apartments near BRCC, we know the dramatic shift will have many of our current and future residents feeling down. As part of our goal to assist you in achieving your educational goals, we’ve provided a list of hobbies and activities to inspire you during your free time!
How Student Life May Change
One major benefit of our apartments near BRCC is the decreased travel time to class. You have more free time from studying, but now you may find you have too much downtime. Staying within the confines of your home is probably not how you want to spend it. Normally we might spend this time at concerts, sporting events, and other large gathering events. Now, however, we are still unsure of what our social lives have in store.
Boredom is a tricky feeling. It seems like when we feel the most bored, we also feel the least motivated. It’s essential to keep your mind and body going at times like these. You’ll find yourself much happier if you’re spending your free time doing something rather than binge-watching television. In fact, boredom is associated with many negative conditions and behaviors, such as low academic performance, mistakes while working, depression, and anxiety.
What You Can Do Instead
It’s important to do what you can to be satisfied in your own apartment home. This even includes setting aside time to make new hobbies.
- Cooking: Take advantage of your extra time by learning to cook really well. It’s a skill that will serve you for the rest of your life. When you’re comfortable in the kitchen, you’re likely to cut back on take-out and fast food. This can save money and unwanted calories!
- Baking: It can be very rewarding to home bake goods for your neighbors, friends, and family. It’s also another useful skill you can bring to your future parties (whenever they may be!).
- Trying Out Art: If you have any interest in art, don’t be afraid to try it out! You’ll find lots of how-to videos on YouTube for whatever you like. Drawing and watercolor painting is a great starting point. It’s easy to store the materials and bring them wherever you desire.
- Learning An Instrument: This one may be a little tricky if you don’t already have an instrument available. Ask friends and family to borrow theirs or see if you can find a used instrument to buy. Then try how-to videos on YouTube or search for local virtual lessons.
- Gardening: One great thing about Louisiana weather? The warmer weather inclines the plants to bloom longer. If you’re very new to plants, succulents are the best place to start.
Features Included Into Our Apartments
At our apartments near BRCC, one of our goals is to help every student resident thrive. These great amenities help you stay safe and healthy:
- Washers and Dryers in Every Apartment
- Modern Lighting & Natural Lighting
- 24/7 Fitness Center
- Community Courtesy Officer Patrols
- 24 Hour Maintenance Guarantee
Learn More About Living Here!
If you’re interested in renting one of our apartments near BRCC, contact us today! You can call us at (225) 217-6655 or apply online if you’re ready. We have competitive rent prices for one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom apartments. We’d love to be your home for this upcoming school year.